Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Baby Issue Event

Last week, I was so fortunate to be invited to Jayneoni Moore's Boom Boom Room: The Baby Issue Event.  When I received the invitation, I didn't know if I would be able to attend due to our minor issue with not having a babysitter, but I actually FOUND one that the kids knew and she was able to come over!  It was absolutely worth it.

The event itself was a beautiful gifting suite open to celebrities, media and journalists where many of the top parenting products on the market now were being displayed.  All the brands and products were absolutely fantastic, and I've highlighted some of them here.  Many of these will be sponsoring giveaways for me, so please let me know what ones pique your interest the most!

Photobucket

The first table I stopped at was the Couture Parties table, and between the fabulous idea and the delectable cake pops, I was immediately smitten.   The owner, Stephanie Grimm Frazier's background is in professional party planning, which comes as no surprise.  Where else can you find gorgeous custom party packs for children and adults for $38?  I absolutely thrilled to announce that I will be offering a Couture Parties giveaway in the coming weeks... so stay tuned!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Shutterfly's table was full of really neat things as well.  Their do-it-yourself photobooks and new Wink filmstrips are fantastic gifts for family or mementos for yourself.  Not to mention easy to create.  I'm looking forward to giving away 5 of these fancy books starting on Monday of next week!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Shea Kelly has an absolutely genius idea in her DaBib company.  She figured out how to make a bib with a soft neck area that prevents leaks, and a pouch that is wide enough to catch most anything.  They are machine washable, non-toxic and lead and PVC free.

Photobucket

Have you ever heard of Teething Bling?  I had seen it at some boutiques after I had Birdie, but apparently I almost missed the boat.  Smart Mom Amy Maurer Creel has created wearable teething jewelry, and they are really beautiful pieces!  I couldn't believe they were made out of (phthalate-free, federally approved) silicone.  Birdie has been thoroughly enjoying the bracelet we received, especially with her new tooth.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

When her grandson was born, the adorable Tomi Heard came up with the ingenious idea of a breathable car seat cover that could double as a paparazzi shield.  While most of us don't have to worry about the paps, it is SO great to have the Turtle Toppy which functions as a blanket cover (think Dr. office visits, sleeping babies).  I definitely hope to be using this with our next child.

Photobucket

Finally! A classy, beautiful, and Eco-Friendly option for personalized stationary! I was entirely impressed with Christopher Wu's company, Paper Culture.  Their beautiful, premium quality greeting cards, personalized announcements, everything is printed on 100% post consumer recycled paper (including envelopes!) and is a carbon free company.  One of the greatest featured services is they will mail them for you, and keep your address book on file for easy use online.  I cannot wait to try them myself.
Photobucket
Christopher Wu with Melissa Joan Hart at The Baby Issue event

Photobucket

When I came across the Jack's Harvest table, I didn't actually realize it was baby food.  The samples of What A Pear, frozen into little hearts, looked and tasted amazing.  I am always looking for great, easy and organic baby food options.  I loved the concept of this company, and I absolutely loved the founders.  Free shipping on Amazon makes it a no-brainer for me!
Photobucket

When Birdie was a baby, she used to carry around her Sophie Giraffe everywhere we went.  And we dropped and lost Sophie many, many times.  So when I came to the TutimNYC table, I was really happy to see their Toy Sitter, wrapped around Sophie herself.  Michal and Irit created a bunch of different products like this, including the Paci Sitters, Bottle Sitters and Sippy Sitters.  All of them in beautiful, bright designs, and some offered in organic.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

One of the UK's top selling bottles has finally come to the United States.  The Steri-Bottle is a 100% recyclable and BPA free, disposable bottle.  They are sterile and ready for use, whenever and wherever.  I know this would have come hugely in handy during our airplane trips, and any other time there didn't happen to be a clean bottle handy in an emergency. 

There were many, many great products at the Baby Issue Event.  I thouoroughly enjoyed my time walking around and meeting all of the people and learning about their products.  A few more that I recommend checking out:

STOKKE - I love their Xplory Stroller
and Tripp Trapp High Chair.  I hope to own some of my own STOKKE products in the near future!
Zoli - The entire line of BPA & Phthalate free products are super cute and functional.
Apirca This stroller is a Japanese staple, coming now to the US.  Love what I saw, seemed perfect for travel.
Puj Their new bathtub fits nicely into standard sinks- something I will definitely need with the next baby. Soft and easy to clean.
Jenerations Baby - Natural and organic shampoo and bath wash.  Smells lovely and is effective, without the sulfates, parabens, or harsh chemicals.
Momma Couture - Fully insulated, chic, and easy to clean diaper bags.
Skip*Hop - I love every single one of their products.  Their Dash Deluxe diaper bag has been my best friend since moving to NYC.  Next on my shopping list: Their Central Park blanket and cooler bag.

I'm really looking forward to sharing some of these products with you!  Even when my baby is 18 months old, I love learning about all the new baby products out there that make mother's lives easier.

(Disclosure: Some samples received)

No comments:

Post a Comment