Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Review: Joovy Caboose Ultralight

Photobucket

I have an obsession with strollers.  Since moving to New York City, that obsession has increased tenfold because it is our primary mode of transportation.  We need something to get our two toddlers around the city, on the busses and subways and to and from parks comfortably and easily.

Photobucket

When I received the Joovy Caboose Ultralight to review, I was really excited.  It folds up compactly, holds two children comfortably, and has big wheels that make pushing and steering fairly easy.  There is a large storage area in the bottom of the stroller that is large enough to hold a diaper bag and a few other little things.

Weighing 21 lbs, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight is pretty easy to carry and fold.  It comes with an infant carseat adaptor, removable snack tray, and parent organizer (which holds water and cell phone perfectly).  There are double wheel brakes and four wheel suspension, was easy to push with at least 55 lbs worth of children in it, and narrow enough to get through narrow city grocery aisles.

The front seat has three reclining positions, there is a seat in back for one child to sit, and a platform for another child to stand. I've seen this stroller frequently around the city holding anywhere from one to three children at a time, including lots of cargo.  Overall a smooth, comfortable ride that I would primarily use for shorter trips around the city.  Both of my children tend to sleep in the stroller if we are out for over three or four hours, so it wouldn't be the best option if we were walking from, say, Central Park to our house in Murray Hill.  It's a great, easy, city option for strollers and we'll use it frequently.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can also find Joovy on Facebook,  they are very interactive and parent friendly! I love the way they immerse themselves in the community... very important when you're dealing with children products.


Disclosure: I received a Joovy Ultralight Caboose to review for Momma's Gone City.





4 comments:

  1. I have to say as a mom of twin 2 year olds living in a city (Boston) I am also stroller OBSESSED. I have the Bob Duallie Revolution (rarely use because it is heavy, does not fold up small and is a pain to lug around) and often my standby was one kid in my Ergo pack and the other in my G-Luxe uppa baby umbrella stroller. This solution from age 11 months to 26 months proved my favorite and easiest to get through tight shops, streets and in and around a very non-stroller friendly town. I am also a bit of a fashion fanatic and wearing an Ergo pack with a 2 year old over a new Marc Jacobs sundress caused a conundrum. So my search began again and I wound up buying the Joovy Groove 2 (double umbrella in lime green) stroller. It is AMAZING. You can still find them online new but Joovy has stopped manufacturing them. I HIGHLY recommend it to any mom of 2 toddlers. It folds up as compact as you could hope, has full reclining seats and fits through every doorway and grocery checkout aisle in town. It is actually more narrow than the Bob. So the point of this post is Joovy makes a great product and if you have 2 little ones but one isn't old enough to do the stand/sit thing on the back of the Joovy Caboose then check out the Joovy Groove 2. Note to Jessica: I came across your blog a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. Thanks for being a lovely place to visit on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who isn't stroller obsessed!?!? Oh right, not everyone... I like this, seems like a good second (or third) option to have around. I think my girls are finally ready for something like this. Seems good for short term stuff like you said, the BOB is so comfy for long walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read this review, because I am trying to decide which double stroller to get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stroller for my almost 3yr old and my 1yr old. I love it. I am also obsessed with strollers, at one point I had 8 strollers! Plenty of storage space which is also a huge plus!

    How do you become a product reviewer? I would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete